AES aspires to zero harm to our people, our contractors, our visitors and the community in which we operate. We have an overriding commitment to workplace health and safety and we will not compromise our health, safety and values.
AES will seek to adopt uniform best practices that will assist in eliminating or reducing non-compliance. Adoption of best practices will also assist in the protection of workers and others’ health and safety and maintain confidence across AES operations. Through the systems, AES shall manage its health and safety by:
- Creating and fostering a positive health and safety culture where health and safety is an integral part of our business;
- Providing clear expectations to all personnel to engage and comply with the ISO 45001:2018 – Workplace Health standard;
- Systematically identifying hazards and processes, potential risks and opportunities for improvement and to assess the risks these hazards represent and then establishing methods to eliminate or mitigate them through application of hierarchy of controls to OH&S risks;
- Developing and implementing workplace health and safety management programs to continually improve performance and realise opportunities for positive contribution;
- Actively promoting and encouraging the adoption of communication and participation of our workers across the organisation, commitment to safety, legal and other requirements, work practice initiatives and programs within our organisation, suppliers and the general community using current technical knowledge;
- Identifying, reporting, investigating and resolving all health and safety incidents and non-conformances with learning outcomes actioned, implemented and shared.
- Seek continuous improvement in health and safety and through rigorous examination of all activities, practices and incidents;
- Maintaining, monitoring, reporting, reviewing, auditing and continual improvement of the Health and Safety Management System;
- Meet all relevant WHS legislative and regulatory requirements;
- Establish and review meaningful and accurate measurable targets and objectives to facilitate continual improvement for health and safety and communicating appropriately to our people;
- Educating and actively training people to continually improve awareness, skills and knowledge of health and safety issues and practices;
- Consult openly to enhance the effectiveness of the System and increase awareness through this policy as a documented information;
- Effectively implement this Policy through a process of consultation, communication, continual improvement and culture change and ensure it is available to the public;
- Providing suitable and sufficient resources to implement and maintain the System.
This Policy will be reviewed annually to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate.
Mr. Dominic Avenell-CEO Mr. Matthew Avenell-Director Mr. Karthik Vajjala-GM